Chris Kyle, 38, a former Navy Seal and author of bestselling book American Sniper: The autobiography of the most lethal sniper in U.S. military history was shot and killed by former marine, Eddie Ray Routh on Saturday afternoon at a gun range in Glen Rose, Texas. Chad Littlefield, 35, neighbor and fellow military veteran, was also gunned down at the scene.
According to CNN, Routh fled the scene in Kyle’s pickup truck after firing shots at both men, and was found about 75 miles away from the scene of the crime, at his home in Lancaster, where attempted to flee again, only to end up being stopped and arrested about 6 miles down the road. He is now being held at the Erath County jail on a combined $3 million dollar bond on two counts of murder for the double shooting. No one knows the motive behind the two murders commited by Routh, as his family was not available for comments, nor has an attorney been placed on record.
Click here to read further….
- Ex-SEAL Chris Kyle remembered after shooting death (usatoday.com)
- Elite Navy SEAL slain in Texas; suspect arrested (wcnc.com)
- Chris Kyle – “The Most Lethal Sniper in U.S. Military History” – shot point-blank at a firing range by an ex-Marine. (althouse.blogspot.com)
- Eddie Ray Routh Charged In Murder Of Chris Kyle, ‘American Sniper’ Author (huffingtonpost.com)
- Deadliest Sniper In U.S. Military History, ‘American Sniper’ Author Chris Kyle Shot & Killed At Gun Range (radaronline.com)
- Deadliest sniper in U.S. military history is ‘shot and killed point-blank by veteran suffering from PTSD’ at Texas gun range (righttruth.typepad.com)
- Eddie Ray Routh, Iraq Veteran, Charged With Murdering Chris Kyle (huffingtonpost.com)
- Chris Kyle, Author and Former Navy SEAL Sniper, Dies at 38 (nation.time.com)