A toddler was discovered locked inside a home where he lived with his mother, starving, scared, and trying to wake his mother, who had been dead at least five days. On Tuesday, a maintenance worker reported a bad smell coming from the apartment where the door was slightly open, but locked with a chain, and police were notified.
Upon forcing the door open, they found a 4-year-old boy, who has rubbed lotion on his dead mothers body, leaving his handprints in an attempt to wake her, and also could not open the refrigerator for food. Union Police Director stated, while interviewing with New York radio station WCBS: “He made a statement to the officer that ‘There’s plenty of food in the refrigerator, but I couldn’t open the door,’…So that’s kind of sad that nobody checked on him, no family members. It’s sad, very sad.”
While an autopsy is being done and family members are notified to identify the woman’s body, the toddle is being treated at a local hospital. Police say they don’t suspect foul play.
It’s a painful thing to know that innocent children go through painful things like this. THM will keep this little boy in our hearts & prayers.
- NJ police: Emaciated boy, 4, found with dead mom (cnsnews.com)
- NJ police: Emaciated boy, 4, found with dead mom (kansas.com)
- NJ police: Emaciated boy, 4, found with dead mom (newsday.com)
- Jesus Take The Wheel: 4-Year-Old Found Starving While Living With Dead Mom’s Corpse, Rubbing Lotion On Body To Try To Revive Her! (bossip.com)
- NJ police: Emaciated boy, 4, found with dead mom (seattletimes.com)
- Emaciated toddler found living with his mother’s dead body (nydailynews.com)